THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF GEORGE N ROOT III

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Godzilla Blu-Ray Releases

I am a Godzilla nerd and I am also in the process of converting my Godzilla VHS tapes to DVD. But in the process of making the transition, everything changed and now it looks like a slew of Blu-Rays are coming out. This is not a surprise as it is all part of promotion for the upcoming "Godzilla" movie being released on May 16, 2014. I wanted to give G-fans a rundown on what is supposed to be released and when.

I want to point out that I am not including links to any of the Blu-Rays because I try to stay away from too many links in my content. But I am going to include some pictures with citations that you can probably follow back to a site where you can buy the movies.

Being Released On April 1, 2014

King Kong vs. Godzilla

Image via Amazon.com


I have never been a fan of this movie, but it is the movie that helped to launch Godzilla in the United States. Since Goji fans owe this movie a debt of gratitude, I will recommend that you get it.

Godzilla vs. Biollante

Image via Amazon.com


I have my Blu-Ray copy of this movie already because it was released early, which is probably why it is so hard to find copies of it now. If you see this one available, then pick it up because it looks like quantities will be limited.

Being Released On May 6, 2014

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah / Godzilla vs. Mothra

Image via Amazon.com


There are a few sets being released on May 6 and they are all worth getting. These are the newer movies where Godzilla squares off against King Ghidorah, and then Mothra. These are fun movies and they have a very different look than those 1960's and 1970's movies you are used to.

Godzilla vs. Destoroyah / Godzilla vs. Megaguirus

Image via Amazon.com


It is hard to describe the movie with Destoroyah as it was marketed as the movie where Godzilla dies, but he doesn't. Both of these are great movies and worth buying.

Godzilla vs. Mechgodzilla II / Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla

Image via Amazon.com


I love the original 1960's era Mechagodzilla movie, but the new ones just seem to fall short for me. But, then again, I love the Spacegodzilla movie and that gets panned by everyone.

Godzilla vs. Hedorah

Image via Amazon.com


Godzilla and the Smog Monster go at it with the world's environment at stake. This is one of the more politically charged Godzilla movies, but it is a good one.

Godzilla vs. Gigan

Image via Amazon.com


The Gigan movie is a good one, but it was part of a string of G-movies that were poorly produced and eventually caused the downfall of the original franchise.

Godzilla: Final Wars / Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.

Image via Amazon.com


These are two perfect movies to pair together because they are movies where Godzilla simply kicks ass all around.

This is a really basic list of what is coming out. There will be more to come, and there will be all kinds of new Godzilla toys as well. I probably won't dedicate anymore blog space to Godzilla, but I had to give at least one spot to my obsession.

By the way, if you are waiting for the Godzilla vs. Megalon Blu-Ray release then just buy the DVD. The Blu-Ray release was completely fouled up by an American company and now that Blu-Ray might not see the light of day for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment